Success rates using Vitrified eggs?
Compared to eggs preserved by the older slow freezing process, vitrified eggs survive the thawing process almost 100% (slow freezing only 50-60%), and result in higher rates of post-warming survival, fertilization, embryo development and pregnancy rates.
A recent clinical study (Cobo 2008*) of 693 vitrified eggs;
- 96.1% vitrified eggs survived the warming procedure
- 73.1% of warmed eggs were fertilized
- 63.2% pregnancy rate per transfer
- 38.5% implantation rate per embryo
Pro’s of Social Egg Freezing?
- Better Technology
- Egg quality doesn’t diminish with your age
- Reduced social stress that time is ticking away - freedom
- Reduced worry if undergoing medical treatment that may affect fertility
Con’s of Social Egg Freezing?
- Pregnancy not “guaranteed”
- Requires medications, medical procedures, and anaesthesia